I got tagged by kuteluvr
, damn him. As if he doesn't know most of these things already, from having lived with me. So here goes.idiosyncrasy
|ˌidēəˈsi ng krəsē|
noun ( pl. idiosyncrasies)
a mode of behavior or way of thought peculiar to an individual
List 5 idiosyncrasies of yours:
1. I can't stand seeing a movie if I miss the start. I'll go home and come back another day rather than watch if I've missed the opening minute. Same thing with a TV series. If I can't go back and start from the first episode, I rarely jump in in the middle. That's why I don't watch The Sopranos
or Six Feet Under
. The only reason I got to become a Buffy fan was UPN was running all the reruns and I was able to backfill. And while I don't mind snideband comments during a show, if some talks over the dialog and I miss something I'll have to hit replay on TiVo, or just glare at them if it was in a movie.
2. There are some things that I hate doing alone, but I'm totally fine if I have someone to keep me company. Like washing the dishes. If I have someone to chat with me while I'm doing them I don't mind at all, but if I'm all alone I can't stand doing them. This means that often when friends come to visit they spend the first five minutes hanging out in my kitchen while I wash dishes. Other things I hate doing alone: eating at a restaurant, hanging out at a bar, seeing a movie. Though there is always one restaurant I'm good to eat alone at if I have a book, and I can see a matinee alone if the show isn't too crowded.
3. When talking with someone I usually look at their mouth instead of their eyes. Same thing when I'm watching someone in a close-up on TV or in a movie. I think it's because I have poor hearing so I end up reading lips a bit. And yes, I play the TV really loud.
4. I try very hard not to sound like my dad when I speak, because it freaks me out how much I sound like him when I talk.
5. Love winter squash, hate summer squash.
OK, really 5, cause that was a cop-out. When I'm shopping for groceries I sign or fingerspell the item I'm currently looking for to myself over and over until I find it. It started as a way for me to practice my ASL, but now it's just an odd habit.
And now I'm tagging the next 5 victims: